CRISPY CHICKEN CALIFORNIA MAKI
- Blue Dragon sushi nori
- Blue Dragon sushi rice
- Blue Dragon Sushi Su
- 600 ml water (for rice)
- Blue Dragon wasabi paste
- 100g chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ glass cold water
- 2 tbsp. wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Corn flour
- Cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chives
- Avocado, cut into strips
- Iceberg lettuce, cut into strips
- Roasted sesame
- Prepare the sushi rice (500 g):
Step 1: Rinse the rice a few times (2-3) in a big bowl until the water is almost clear.
Step 2: Pour the rice, 600 ml of water into a pot with a matching lid. Cook the rice on high heat, then reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for another 10 minutes. Finally, turn the heat off and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Step 3: Add 100 ml of Blue Dragon sushi su to the rice
- Wrap your bamboo mat with the cling film – it will help you later in your work.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Make dough with water, corn flour and wheat flour. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip each piece of chicken in the dough and then bread in corn flour and fry in deep oil until it becomes gold. Dredge excess oil on paper towels.
- Spread the bamboo mat (wrapped in the cling film) and put a leaf of nori (the matt side facing up), so that the lower edge is aligned with the edge of the mat.
- Place the rice on the nori, spread it gently on the entire leaf. Sprinkle with roasted sesame.
- Turn the nori with the rice to the other side so that you can see the nori on the top.
- Spread a bit of wasabi on the rice (acc. to your taste). Place the additions in the middle – put them individually so that they cover the entire width of the mat. Spread a bit of mayonnaise on the chicken.
- Wrap the rice gently to form a roll. The cling film should help you. Form into a shape of your choice by pressing lightly.
- Garnish the roll with sesame.
- Cut the makis into 6 or 8 pieces. Sprinkle them with sesame and serve with the soy sauce, extra wasabi and Blue Dragon marinated ginger.
You can make such makis with the ingredients of your choice. When composing makis, remember that the flavours should complement. Sweet and delicate ingredients should be seasoned with something sour or spicy and your makis will always be tasty!WATCH VIDEO