Skip to content
MAKI WITHOUT NORI
- Blue Dragon sushi rice
- Blue Dragon Sushi Su
- 600 ml water
- Blue Dragon wasabi paste
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- Blue Dragon ginger
- Blue Dragon Japanese soy sauce
- Any ingredients, e.g.:
- 1 smoked salmon, cut into thin slices
- 1 cucumber, cut into slices
- 1 crab stick, cut in half
- 1 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. chives
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- Prepare the sushi rice (500 g):
Rinse the rice a few times (2-3) in a big bowl until the water is almost clear.
Pour the rice, 600 ml of water into a pot with a matching lid. Cook the rice on high heat, then reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for another 10 minutes. Finally, turn the heat off and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Add 100 ml of Blue Dragon sushi su to the rice.
- Wrap your bamboo mat in a cling film – it will later make your work easier.
- Whip the eggs with sugar and the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the omelette on a medium hot frying pan, pouring a thin layer of egg. After about 30 seconds turn the omelette to the other side and fry for about 20 seconds.
- Put the omelette on the sushi mat and put the rice on it, leaving a free edge. Try to from a regular rectangle.
- Put a bit of wasabi on the rice (acc. to your taste).
- Place the strips of vegetables and the salmon in the middle of the rice – place them individually so that they cover the entire width of the mat. Sprinkle with chives.
- Wrap gently to form rolls. The cling film will help you.
- Cut the makis into 6 or 8 pieces. Sprinkle them with sesame and serve with the soy sauce, extra wasabi and Blue Dragon marinated ginger.
You can make such makis using any ingredients. When composing them, remember that the flavours should complement. Sweet and delicate ingredients should be seasoned with something sour or spicy and your makis will always be tasty!