REVERSED CALIFORNIA MAKI
- Blue Dragon sushi rice
- 600 ml water
- Blue Dragon Sushi Su
- Blue Dragon sushi nori
- 200 g surimi /crab meat (crab sticks)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cut into strips
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- 50 g sesame seeds
- Blue Dragon Japanese soy sauce
- Blue Dragon wasabi paste
- Caviar (to garnish)
- Prepare the sushi rice (500 g)
Rinse the rice a few times (2-3) in a big bowl until the water is almost clear.
Pour the rice, 600 ml of water into a pot with a matching lid. Cook the rice on high heat, then reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for another 10 minutes. Finally, turn the heat off and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Add 100 ml of Blue Dragon sushi su to the rice.
- Spread the bamboo mat and wrap it in cling film. Leave a nori leaf with the smooth side facing down.
- Put¼ of the prepared rice on the nori leaf. Turn the leaf so that the rice is underneath, then put the crab meat (crab sticks), the cucumber and the avocado. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on it.
- Roll sushi, using the mat – the cling film should make it easier. Fold and squeeze gently. Dredge in sesame seeds.
- Cut the roll into 6 or 8 pieces. You can garnish them with the sesame or the caviar.
Serve with soy sauce and Blue Dragon wasabi paste.