Click to access the login or register cheese
Skip to content
SPICY MAKI WITH BAKED TUNA
- Blue Dragon sushi nori
- Blue Dragon sushi rice
- Blue Dragon Sushi Su
- 600 ml water
- Blue Dragon wasabi paste
- Ca. 80 g tune loin, cut into strips, ca. 2 cm thick
- Blue Dragon teriyaki sauce
- Sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. of chives
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into strips
- 1 colour peppers, cut into strips or daikon
- 1 tsp. of roasted sesame
- 1 tsp. of roasted chives
- Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 1 lime
- Prepare the sushi rice (500 g):
Step 1: Rinse the rice a few times (2-3) in a big bowl until the water is almost clear.
Step 2: Pour the rice, 600 ml of water into a pot with a matching lid. Cook the rice on high heat, then reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for another 10 minutes. Finally, turn the heat off and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Step 3: Add 100 ml of Blue Dragon sushi su to the rice.
- Marinate the tune in the teriyaki sauce (ca. 4 tbsp.), the sesame oil (ca. 6 drops) and leave in the fridge for min. 30 minutes. After that, preheat a frying pan and fry each side of the tune for about 20 minutes until it caramelises slightly and remains raw inside. Leave aside to cool.
- On the sushi mat put the nori the matt side up, so that the lower edge is aligned with the edge of the mat.
- Put ¼ of the prepared rice on the nori leaf, spread it gently across almost the entire surface of the nori, leaving only the free upper edge, ca. 1,5-2 cm. This will allow you to “close” the roll. The rice should not be too compacted, it should be “puffy”.
- Spread a bit of the wasabi (acc. to your preference) on the rice.
- Place the strips of tuna in the middle of the rice and add a few drops of Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli sauce. Then, place you strips of additions (cucumber, peppers, etc.) – put them individually so that they cover the entire width of the mat. Sprinkle with roasted sesame and chives.
- Make the roll with your fingers and hold “the stuffing”. Squeeze the roll precisely leaving the cucumber unrolled. When our makis are properly glued, we can roll the whole in such a way that the roll and the cucumber wrap the nori.
- You can add strips of the lime and pour a few drops of Blue Dragon teriyaki sauce before serving.
- Cut the makis into 6 or 8 pieces. Sprinkle them with sesame and serve with the soy sauce, extra wasabi and Blue Dragon marinated ginger.