SUSHI MAKI WITH CRAB STICK AND PHILADELPHIA FILLING
- Blue Dragon sushi nori
- Blue Dragon sushi rice
- Blue Dragon Sushi Su
- 600 ml water
- Blue Dragon wasabi paste
- 1 cucumber, cut into strips
- 2-3 crab sticks
- Philadelphia cheese or similar – ca. 2 tsp.s
- 1 tsp. chives
- 1 avocado, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. roasted sesame
- Blue Dragon soy sauce
- Blue Dragon ginger
- Prepare the sushi rice:
Rinse the rice a few times (2-3) in a big bowl until the water is almost clear.
Pour the rice, 600 ml of water into a pot with a matching lid. Cook the rice on high heat, then reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for another 10 minutes. Finally, turn the heat off and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Add 100 ml of Blue Dragon sushi su to the rice.
- On the sushi mat put the nori the matt side up, so that the lower edge is aligned with the edge of the mat.
- Put ¼ of the prepared rice on the nori leaf, spread it gently across almost the entire surface of the nori, leaving only the free upper edge, ca. 1,5-2 cm. This will allow you to “close” the roll. The rice should not be too compacted, it should be “puffy”.
- Put a bit of wasabi (the amount acc. to your preference) on the rice. Spread the cheese on the rice on ca. 2/3 of its surface.
- Put the strips of your additions individually in the middle of the rice in such a way that they cover the entire width of the mat. Sprinkle everything with roasted sesame and chives.
- Make the roll with your fingers and hold “the stuffing”. Squeeze the roll precisely leaving a free edge. When our makis are properly glued, we can roll the whole in such a way that the roll wraps the nori.
- Cut the makis into 6 or 8 pieces. Sprinkle them with sesame and serve with the soy sauce, extra wasabi and Blue Dragon marinated ginger.
You can make such makis using any ingredients. When composing them, remember that the flavours should complement. Sweet and delicate ingredients should be seasoned with something sour or spicy and your makis will always be tasty!