SUSHI MAKI WITH CUCUMBER AND SEASAME SEEDS
- Blue Dragon sushi nori
- Blue Dragon sushi rice
- 600 ml water
- Blue Dragon Sushi Su
- Blue Dragon wasabi paste
- Cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. roasted sesame
- Blue Dragon ginger
- Blue Dragon soy sauce
Prepare the sushi rice (500 g):
Step 1: Rinse the rice a few times (2-3) in a big bowl until the water is almost clear.
- Put a nori leaf on the sushi mat the matt side facing up, so that the lower edge is aligned with the mat edge.
- Put ¼ of the prepared rice on the nori leaf, spreading gently it across almost the entire nori, leaving only a free edge on the top, ca. 1,5-2cm. This will allow you to “close” the roll. The rice should not to be too compacted, it should be “puffy”.
- Spread a bit of wasabi on the rice (acc. to your taste). Place the cucumber strips in the middle of the rice so that its thickness does not exceed 1cm. Sprinkle with roasted sesame. Wrap the roll by holding the “stuffing” with your fingers, squeezing the roll precisely leaving a free edge. When our makis are properly glued, we can wrap the whole in such a way that the roll wraps the nori.
- Cut the makis into 6 or 8 pieces. Sprinkle them with sesame and serve with the soy sauce, extra wasabi and Blue Dragon marinated ginger.